Friday, May 21, 2010

well, would you believe...PART DOS!

Today we got to take some little ninos from Chureca to the laguna. I was so excited about it, but it was 100 million times better than I could have expected. Almost as soon as I got there, I saw a familiar face. Would you believe...IT WAS MANESSA - the five-year-old little chica I read with at La Esperanza over spring break!!!! There weren't even massive amounts of kids...she just happened to be one out of a small group (oh, and apparently it's really "Vanessa" of "Banessa"...the spelling is all rather strange) Y'all, I freaked out. I cannot tell you what an insane, crazy amount of joy surged through me to see her. That little girl's face has been in my mind since leaving Nica the first time...I really can't explain why. She just changed me...she changed and is changing still the way I see poverty and the way I see people and the way I want to love people. I have no words to describe my brief interaction with her on my first trip here, but I really thought I would never see this little chica again in my life. I still remember the dread and pain I felt in putting her down and waving goodbye to her when we left the school in March. And to see her today, to see her with her mother and brothers, and to know that she is in the Child Sponsorship Program through Manna, gives me so much happiness. I am overwhelmed, just really cannot condense my emotions into words, with the way God blessed me today. I cannot believe that He gave me the privilege of holding her again, and getting to swim around with her and look for shells, and throw her up in the air and splash with her in the water. Wow. Just...wow. His surprises are simply the best :)

Oh, and p.s. would you believe that I went to the United States tonight? Well, sort of...We just got back from a marine party at the embassy! It was pretty cool to get to go there, although sort of a culture shock and overwhelming with air conditioning and super nice buildings and it being so fancy and everything. Apparently, the U.S. embassy in Nica is the second largest U.S. embassy in the world. All in all, it was a neat little trip back to the "states" for a few hours.

p.s.s. would you also believe that it's been heat lightning here for at least the past three hours? It's so beautiful!
Below are some pics of kids from today! enjoy them :)
Cindy Paoula enjoys mango-eating and being insanely cute

Does it get better than playing in a laguna? Nope. It just doesnt.

Sweet little M(b/v)anessa!!!

I love that I have this ridiculously huge smile and Manessa looks less than thrilled to be getting her picture taken with me.

She was handing me these tiny little snail shells.


Manessa and her friends play in the water.

Too cute for pants.

Gotta love that grin.


What joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment