Wednesday, June 9, 2010

today:

I ate Elena's french toast for breakfast. Paola, the little preschooler afraid of gringos, smiled at me in class instead of bursting into tears. I got to eat Creamas on the Flores' porch and talk to Dayanna and Olga and Lorena about life and english and spanish and writing poetry. I got to say goodbye to friends at Mi Comarca. My feet got really dirty. I purchased a final choco-banana. I had to chase away a dog while walking to Farito. I played Duck-Duck-Goose by candle light at Carmen's house when the power went out because of the rain. I got to snuggle with Marcos. Jan found a grub three inches long in her make-up bag. I had gallo-pinto for dinner. I heard a chorus-song of "see you soon!"'s when leaving 13.5 for the last time. I realized that as much of a wreck as I am about leaving, the one thing Nica has taught me the most clearly is that life is beautiful, even when it's hard. I guess you never know what things or places or people you are going to fall in love with, but I sure am glad that, for whatever reason, I fell in love with here.

No comments:

Post a Comment